I've come up with a little plugin that will allow you to bind any
event (including custom ones) into a specified position in the event
stack.

http://snipplr.com/view/13515/jstack--jquery-event-stack-management/

The plugin is currently very basic and only allows you to insert a new
event into a certain position in the stack. The logic is there for
this plugin to do more, and I'll probably make it a bit more robust
later, but this current version of the plugin should allow you to do
what you need for your project.

I added some demo testing stuff at the bottom to demonstrate how it
should function. You'll need a browser with console.log() capabilities
to get the gist of things.

Also, a few quick notes:
  * You can bind custom events, regular events, and custom and regular
events with namespaces (which I suggest you use to help in unbinding)
  * If you attempt to put an event at a certain position in the call
stack, and that position doesn't exist (i.e., you attempt to bind a
new click event to the 5th position in a stack of 3 elements), it will
just bind the event regularly.
  * The stack is zero-indexed, meaning the first element in the stack
is position 0, not position 1.
  * The demo text at the bottom is using a custom event "clickr" with
some namespaces for testing. This was just to confirm that the plugin
worked for custom events as well. If you make all the "clickr" events
click, and unbind the click event which triggers clickr events, you
will get the same result.

Hope you find it useful! Let me know if you run into any issues.