For those of you who frequent the jqueryhelp.com pages, forgive my
question here as well.

I am using the excellent jquery validation plugin found here:

http://docs.jquery.com/Plugins/Validation

It works incredibly well and am very happy with it (thanks).  My
problem is that sometimes my forms are submitted via document.forms
['formid'].submit().  I have no control over this statement as it is
generated for me by jsf when it is rendering the element, which in my
case is an anchor.

Because it is getting submitted via document.forms['formid'].submit(),
the jquery validation plugin does not catch this submit, therefor does
not validate, therefor submits the form when it shouldn't.  I've been
stuck here for quite some time and could really use some help on how
to get jquery to validate when a form is submitted this way.  Any help
would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

I have posted some code below that shows that the submit handler does
not catch the javascript submit.

<form name="aform" id="aform">
   <input type="submit" /><br/>
a><br/>