Yes you do need it, unless you're doing all your javascript before the
body is loaded.

As the docs say, you need to call noConflict before loading other
libraries, so your code would look like this:

"http://
<head>
<title>Unbenanntes Dokument</title>
   <script type="text/javascript" src="../scripts/jquery/
jquery-1.3.2.js"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript">
     jQuery.noConflict();
   </script>
   <script src="../javascripts/prototype.js"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript">
     // Use jQuery via jQuery(...)
     jQuery(document).ready(function(){
       jQuery("div").hide();