Thanks James.

It would probably take an hour or more to reproduce a demo of the
errors in a publicly-accessible space, so I'm hoping this is a known
issue by now and that anyone who's also experienced it can shed some
light on it.

I had already checked the Mozilla security updates page. I don't
really understand it, but it all seems to deal with changes to XSL and
XUL. Doesn't this have something essential to do with how AJAX works?
The AJAX error message that Firefox 3.0.8 triggers in jQuery's AJAX
functions returns an XHR status of "200" and an XHR status text of
"OK".

jQuery version is 1.2.6. Probably not old enough to be the issue. Any
thoughts?

JOSH