None of these is trivial to implement, but not impossible either.

3. needs a custom method, look at the existing methods and addMethod
for reference: http://docs.jquery.com/Plugins/Validation/Validator/addMethod

2. could be achieved using showErrors, though you'd need to replicate
some of the default functionality

1. sounds like it would be covered by 2. already

Jörn