Hi

The validator plugin contains errorList and errorMap properties. The
erorrList contains the invalid elements and the respective messages
and the errorMap contains the invalid element id and it's associated
error message. Perhaps checking these will assist with determining the
invalid element.

eg. if (validator.errorMap.selectElementId == 'undefined') { execute
code}

Using undefined since you have no errormessage to test against.

Hope that helps...