In fact you know what the problem is?  The damn documentation doesn't tell
you that you MUST use the stylesheets given.  All I assumed was is that I
had to have the matching IDs and correct jQuery which I DID.

What if we do not want to use those styles.  I assumed the jQuery behind
this injected the active styles it needs out of the box.  It was not
inferred that I must use that specific style sheet.  In fact, now that I
know this, that should be updated in the documentation because most of us
will not use those styles.  I'm using images in mine.  But to know that if
you remove those styles in the demo would break this?  No way would I infer
that.

I was focusing on the mark-up, not the CSS which is also what the docs are
doing.