Please look at  http://www.idea-palette.com http://www.idea-palette.com
I have multiple pages that are being faded in using the top nav. When the
user clicks on any of the above buttons to fade in another page that
contains the Slideshow using the jQuery Cycle Plugin, IE7 crashes.

When I comment out the jQuery that controls the fades of the slideshow, IE7
does not crash anymore.
You can see that here:  http://www.idea-palette.com/IEindex.php
http://www.idea-palette.com/IEindex.php

I'm guessing IE7 does not like it when it fades to some content that
contains some other content that is in the process of fading already. I'm
guessing the two together somehow overload IE7 so it crashes.

Before I figured out that the jQuery Cycle Plugin was causing the page to
crash, I asked this question on another forum and someone found out this
info when looking at my site:

'It has something to do with your DirectX filter (probably what's doing the
fades). Here's the stack, and EAX is NULL. Whatever the code is doing is
trying to deref EAX:

CDXTFilterBehavior::_ClearSurface:
6C8E87E1  mov         edi,edi
6C8E87E3  push        ebp
6C8E87E4  mov         ebp,esp
6C8E87E6  push        ecx
6C8E87E7  mov         eax,dword ptr [ebp+0Ch]
6C8E87EA  mov         ecx,dword ptr [eax] <--- EAX is NULL

>   dxtrans.dll!CDXTFilterBehavior::_ClearSurface()
    dxtrans.dll!CDXTFilterBehavior::_DrawUnfilteredElementLayers()
    dxtrans.dll!CDXTFilterBehavior::_DrawElementWithProceduralSurfaces()
    dxtrans.dll!CDXTFilterBehavior::_ExecuteFilterChain()
    dxtrans.dll!CDXTFilterBehavior::Draw()
    mshtml.dll!CPeerHolder::Draw()
    mshtml.dll!CLayout::DrawClientLayers()
    mshtml.dll!CDispContainer::DrawSelf()
    mshtml.dll!CDispNode::Draw()
    mshtml.dll!CDispContainer::DrawChildren()
    mshtml.dll!CDispContainer::DrawSelf()
    mshtml.dll!CDispNode::Draw()
    mshtml.dll!CDispContainer::DrawChildren()
    mshtml.dll!CDispContainer::DrawSelf()
    mshtml.dll!CDispNode::Draw()
    mshtml.dll!CDispContainer::DrawChildren()
    mshtml.dll!CDispContainer::DrawSelf()
    mshtml.dll!CDispNode::Draw()
    mshtml.dll!CDispContainer::DrawChildren()
    mshtml.dll!CDispContainer::DrawSelf()
    mshtml.dll!CDispNode::Draw()
    mshtml.dll!CDispContainer::DrawChildren()
    mshtml.dll!CDispContainer::DrawSelf()
    mshtml.dll!CDispNode::Draw()
    mshtml.dll!CDispRoot::DrawEntire()
    mshtml.dll!CDispRoot::DrawRoot()
    mshtml.dll!CView::RenderView()
    mshtml.dll!CDoc::OnPaint()
    mshtml.dll!CServer::OnWindowMessage()
    mshtml.dll!CDoc::OnWindowMessage()
    mshtml.dll!CServer::WndProc()
    user32.dll!_internalcallwinp...@20()
    user32.dll!_usercallwinproccheck...@32()
    user32.dll!_callwindowproca...@24()
    user32.dll!_callwindowpr...@20()
    user32.dll!_internalcallwinp...@20()
    user32.dll!_usercallwinproccheck...@32()
    user32.dll!_dispatchclientmess...@20()
    user32.dll!___fndw...@4()
    ntdll.dll!_kiusercallbackdispatc...@12()
    user32.dll!_ntuserdispatchmess...@4()
    user32.dll!_dispatchmessagewor...@8()
    user32.dll!_dispatchmessa...@4()
    ieframe.dll!CTabWindow::_TabWindowThreadProc()
    kernel32.d...@basethreadinitthunk@12()
    ntdll.dll!___rtluserthreadst...@8()
    ntdll.dll!__rtluserthreadst...@8()

Perhaps you're removing an element from the DOM while the transform is still
operating on it?'

Does anybody know how I can fix this problem?