From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:jquery...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of ihomest...@gmail.com
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 11:36 AM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] capture user's selection on a html page

Hi,

There is an onselect event for javascript which allows you to capture user
selected text in text input or textarea box. Is there a way to capture
user's selection anywhere on the html page?

I know several javascript applications which allow users to select elements
on a html page and allow you to copy paste your selected html data into
other places. Would appreciate if anyone points me to some references on how
this is implemented, especially how in Jquery.

Thanks.