Hello,

In order to create a decoupled UI, I wanted to make the events within
some iframes write to the DOM (within the iframe).  Then from the main
container (top window), I created an observer to detect a 'change' on
that hidden element (in iframe) and respond appropriately.  I don't
want each control to be forced to handle the change of other
controls / components.  It should only be responsible only for itself
and to provide the data/changes as requested.

Example Code:

            $('#left-column-frame').ready( function() {
                $
('#selectedNodePath',window.frames.leftcolumnframe).click(function() {
                    alert('clicked');

            $('#left-column-frame').ready( function() {
                $
('#selectedNodePath',window.frames.leftcolumnframe).bind( 'click',
function() {
                    alert('changed');

... etc

While the above code is not throwing any errors, basically, nothing is
happening.

Respectfully,
John