Your page didn't work in Opera, IE7 and IE6. :(

Instead of using display:inline-block on span.projects, change to
float:left; Another thing, when using the animation, i dont know why, but
the jquery use overflow:hidden and your left image (border) disappear in the
animation. So this css should solve the issue:

.projects{
    float:left;
    overflow:visible !important;
}

Instead of using the important in the css to solve the overflow issue u can
put this on js (not tested): $(this).parent().animate({width: "514px",
overflow: "visible"}, 500);