If you can find a reason why she doesn't want people to zoom I'd
appreciate it.  Other than having a personal vendetta against the
visually-impaired I can't think of a single good reason.

It's pretty much moot anyway as there's just no way to do it.  In the
bad old days of IE6 specifying font sizes in px would prevent text
zooming but that was basically due to bug that has now been fixed in
IE7.