Not sure what's going on there, to be honest. I'll have to take a look as soon as I find some more time. It might just be that binding cluetip to a whole lot of elements won't work. I've used event delegation to get around this sort of problem with other plugins, but unfortunately I can't do it here without a complete re-architecting of the plugin and the elimination of the hoverIntent feature.

I don't think this will improve performance, but you could write your script like this:

$(document).ready(function() {

    $(".user").cluetip();

});

--Karl