Hi Ricardo.  Yup, this looks like a good solution.

Basically I'm looking for the object model used .. i.e. help in
building the object system jQuery uses, along with the usual string,
array, enumeration etc utilities.

I'm amazed how few people think of JS as a first-class language in
itself, or at least as a server-side language.  Makes a lot of sense
building a webapp to have JS on both sides with JSON in the middle.

   -- Owen