I tried that, but it didn't work for me. I'm new to jQuery, so maybe
I'm doing something silly, but here's what I had:

        alert($('select[value="ext"]').size());

This shows 0, when there is one menu with "ext" as the value. If I
remove the value expression and just use 'select', I get 9 as the
output, which is correct as there are nine menus on the page.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Anthony