Hello all,

I've been struggling with implementing Jquery into my navigation menu.
The
menu itself is an unordered list with subitems. The subitems appear
next to
the main menuitems (for showing, hiding and append classes to these
items I
use the 'collapsor'-plugin). So far so good...

What is bugging me is the height of the menu, which is static. I want
the
div #menu to ‘grow’ along when one of the menu-items gets clicked and
the subitems pop-out.
This is how I want it to look like (uses a predefined height):
http://www.opee.nl/jquery/index.html
http://www.opee.nl/jquery/init.js

I want to calculate the height ul to use as the height of the div
#menu. Since I couldn’t grab the .height() of a hidden element, I
tried to count the children of the next element within the navigation
by multiplying the height of the li (which is 24px) with the number of
children +  8px for the padding-top. Maybe it’s more clear when you
just look at the source.
This is what I have so far (yup, I miserably failed :) ):
http://www.opee.nl/jquery/index1.html
http://www.opee.nl/jquery/init1.js

I hope you can help me tackle this problem. Any help is appreciated!

Greetings,
Andre