Here's an excerpt from my click event that determines the mouse
coordinates for a click regardless of horizontal / vertical scrolling
of the page or the clicked image:

  $('#img1').live('click', function(e) {
        var locX = Math.round(e.pageX - $(this).offset().left);
        var locY = Math.round(e.pageY - $(this).offset().top);