I don't know anything about updatepanel, so I'm probably not going to be able to help you unless you give me some more information. A quick Google search turned up this about jQuery and UpdatePanel:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22466/jquery-ajax-vs-updatepanel

If the problem is related to the cluetip function not being bound to content that has been "ajaxed" in, you'll probably have to re-bind it after the new content has been loaded. See this tutorial for more information:

http://www.learningjquery.com/2008/05/working-with-events-part-2

--Karl

Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com