Hello there,

I'm the author of the jQuery Timepickr (http://haineault.com/media/
jquery/ui-timepickr/page/) and I had a bug report which was resolved
by a user. He found a conflict with my library and
jquery.validation.js.

http://code.google.com/p/jquery-utils/issues/detail?id=15

Both are used for forms, so it's quite likely that other people will
run into this bug and either blame your plugin or mine.

Normally I would just quickly resolve the conflict on my side, but
this would be relatively problematic and might not be the best option
in this case.

My Timepickr also use a method called $.format, which is another
plugin I've wrote. Basically your function and mine works exactly
likewise, which mean you could swap yours by mine and everything
should work as expected since you use the same syntax. However the
contrary is not true because mine is a complete Python 3K string
formatting implementation. Which means it can do type casting and zero
padding among others things.

More infos:
http://code.google.com/p/jquery-utils/wiki/StringFormat?ts=1241029709&updated=StringFormat#format

The other difference is that mine is a plugin in itself, which means I
used it in many other plugins and some people might also be using it
while yours seems to be used solely for internal purpose and does not
look like it was created to be reused by other plugins.

So I ask you if it would be possible to either rename your $.format
method or scope it within your plugin.

Kind regards

Maxime Haineault
http://haineault.com