jQuery 1.2.6 and Firefox 3.0.7 on MacBook OS X 10.5.5

If I might renew an unanswered thread: I've encountered this twice now in different contexts. This only occurs in FF, so far as I know.

If .hover() is acting on a div that contains an image link, and that link has a title attribute, hover misbehaves by firing when the mouse is moved after a pause. an example of the problem can be seen here:

http://home.myuw.net/jjcrump/test/opacity-test.html

The first element has an image link with a title attribute, the second has link with no title attribute. If you hover over the first one and let the cursor pause a moment, FF's tooltip with the title text appears. Then when you move the mouse, the hover function fires again. The link's hover property seems to be interfering with jQuery's .hover() function.

Any Ideas?
Jon