I have not tried DD Roundies yet - it's on my todo list. Hoever I am
using a jquery plug-in called 'Cornerz' that is working very well for
me. It uses Canvas/VML for corners, but does not require any
additional plug-ins:

http://labs.parkerfox.co.uk/cornerz/

This plug-in does *not* automatically pick-up -moz-border-radius
settings from CSS, but I have written an intermediate function that
does. This accomplishes exactly what you are asking - with the
exception that you still need to add the "cornerz" class to the
elements you want rounded in IE to avoid having to check the CSS of
every element on the page!

I submitted this function to the plug-in's forum...

http://groups.google.com/group/cornerz/browse_thread/thread/2f0639e7c7fa349c?hl=en#

I'd be interested to learn how whether DD Roundies is significantly
better or not.

/Kevin