I'm having trouble reading a not-so-large local XML file.  The
following code works fine for under 70 nodes:

    // load values from the xml file
    $.get('dic.xml', function(dicXml){
                  $('node', dicXml).each(function(){
                        var literal = $(this).find('literal').text();
                        // do something

But if I add more nodes to the xml file, it mysteriously fails.  (It
won't read any nodes at all..)

Is there some kind of size limit (memory, file, etc) when it comes to
reading XML files with JQuery?  Or maybe there is a more preferred way
to do this?

BTW, my limited knowledge of JQuery and XML comes from this WebMonkey
article:
http://www.webmonkey.com/tutorial/Easy_XML_Consumption_using_jQuery?oldid=20032#Another_look_at_the_JavaScript_readXML_file