Hi,

I've been experimenting with jQuery's AJAX capabilities. I was trying
to create an effect that pulls data from an XML RSS feed and displays
it. Long story short, I got everything to work, but I couldn't figure
out how to pull data from a CDATA section like the following:

<item>
<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>
Some text
]]></content:encoded>
</item>

I wanted to put the "Some Text" in a variable. But I have no clue how.
This is what my jquery looks like so far:

 $.ajax({
                 type: "GET",
                 url: "vid.xml",
                 dataType: "xml",
                 success: function(xml) {

                     $(xml).find('item').each(function(){

                                                 var text =
$(this).children("content").text();

                     }); //close each(
                 }
             }); //close $.ajax(

How would I go about targeting the p tag or the content inside?

Thanks for any help,

Connor