Hey guys,

On the topic of namespacing, I have also found 'pollution' of the core
a problem. I recently worked for a company that had over 30 plugins
and I did run in to conflicting problems, especially with jQuery UI,
which is one reason I stay away from it amongst others.

If you are interested I've created a way to add namespacing to jQuery
whilst still using 'this' as DOM array. Currently, it only goes 1
level deep, but I have found it extremely usefull. Instead of:

$('div').dialog('open');

you could go:

$('div').dialog().open();

Check the latest of this thread: