"Wow, the idea of sorting multiple tables at the same time is
interesting. I may check that out, too."

Hah, I only just now realized that I totally misunderstood your
original post!

My users need this because they work with the same data on multiple
tables, and don't want to apply sorts on a table-to-table basis.

Just need to see a real-world example, and I'm all set.  The Triggers
sortStart and sortEnd example (http://tablesorter.com/docs/example-
triggers.html ) was the closest I could find.