From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:jquery...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of jckos
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:53 AM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] Better way to trim whitespace from input?

Hi,

I need to transform all characters entered in an input field to uppercase
and trim trailing whitespace.  This script works, but I'm wondering if
there's a better way to do it.

     <script>
         $(document).ready(function(){
                $("input").keyup(function (e) {
                $("#couponCode").val($(this).val().toUpperCase());
              });
           $("button").click(function () {
                        var couponCode = $("#couponCode").val();
                        couponCode = jQuery.trim(couponCode);
        </script>

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.