I finally get it working by specifiying custom focus and open events
in the dialog settings. Here they are :

//      Setting new tabindex to input elements
focus: function(e, ui) {
        $(e.target).find(':input:visible').each(function(i) {
                $(this).attr('tabindex', 30000+i);
//      Focusing first element of the form
,open: function() {
        $(this).find(':input[tabindex=30000]').focus();
}

What it does is reassigning new tabindex values to input fields in the
modal box (starting with 3000 -big enough to be sure it will not mess
with allready defined tabindex), and then focusing the first one
(tabindex = 30000).
Tabbing through fields now works