On May 20, 8:35 pm, Sourabh <sourabhmkulka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am new to jQuery.I have a problem where I want to traverse through
> DOM.For example a complete webpage.Is there any jQuery way to traverse
> complete DOM of the current page where the jQuery script resides ?

Traversing the DOM is trivial, using recursion it requires perhaps 4
lines of plain javascript.  What do you actually want to do?

   "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd";>
<title>domWalk</title>
<script type="text/javascript">

 function domWalk(node) {
   node = node || document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0];
   // do something with node
   console.log(node.nodeName + ':' + node.nodeType);
   if (node.childNodes) {
     for (var i=0, len=node.childNodes.length; i<len; i++) {
       domWalk(node.childNodes[i]);

window.onload = function(){domWalk()};

</script>

--