Brian said that JSON uses a key:value format, but it is really just a
shorthand for Javascript literals. Which means you can easily
represent ordered lists like CSV data as well:

[ [ 'c', 's', 'v' ], [ 'c', 's', 'v' ], ... ]

To get around the cross-domain restrictions and to solve your
conversion issue, maybe you should write a script on the server that
pulls the data, caches it, and writes out JSON.

Assuming you were using PHP on the server, and assuming the PHP
settings allow fopen wrappers for URLs, this would be pretty easy:

define('DATA_FILE','data.json'); // must be writable
if (file_exists(DATA_FILE) and filemtime(DATA_FILE) > (time() - 900))
    readfile(DATA_FILE);
else {
    $fh = fopen('http.../yoururl/data.csv','r');
    $rows = array();
    while($rows[] = fgetcsv($fh)) { }
    $json = json_encode($rows);
    file_put_contents(DATA_FILE,$json);
    echo $json;
    fclose($fh);
}

I didn't test this code but it should be pretty close.