I have a script that is being inserted dynamically via another
script.  The code in that script is wrapped inside the $(window).load
() event because it requires the images on the page to have all
loaded.  In some browsers it works fine, but in others it seems not to
fire because the page has already finished loading by the time the
code is run.

Is there any way to check and see if the page has already finished

Since it is a dynamically inserted script I don't have access to the
onload event of the original document (aside from altering it via the
loaded script - but that would seem to present the same problem).

Any ideas/solutions/advice would be greatly appreciated!