Al wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get some data as JSON, and want to show a spinning
animation while doing so. I have the following jQuery/HTML:
http://dpaste.com/46873/

The URL I pass to getJSON returns some data e.g. {'data': '123456789'}
and seems to be working properly and returning valid JSON.

I pass a callback function called processData to getJSON, but this
does not seem to be getting called (I put an alert in this function
just to test if it was being called).

Any help would be much appreciated!

I think if you want to separate callback into processData function, you must declare it at global scope, not inside the click callback function. Declare it befoce the $(document).ready

--
Donny Kurnia
http://blog.abifathir.com