Yes, basically I have

#accountButtons div.question

and

#accountButtons div.question b

The second element is an "X" over the background image on the first
element.  I want either element to be exclusively selected when
clicked, but when I use the following code, both elements are hit when
you click on the X ("#accountButtons div.question b) ...

$("#accountButtons div.question").click(function(){

Do A

});

$("#accountButtons div.question b").click(function(){

Do B

});

Regards

Martin Ikediashi