I'm working on a Google Map app using jQuery and Google maps code together but I got very confused trying to follow your questions.

you can  pass variables ( index, lat/long or whatever works easiest) from small map to the URL that opens big map.....  invesitgate jQuery .attr() to do this, work with that to modify href

in big map use the variables passed to create a new GLatLng to center map, open infowindow or whatever

here are a couple of good resources that might also help :

   Google "jQuery Google Maps tutorial"

and also a jQuery Google Maps plugin called jmaps

Martin wrote:
Hi.

I'm developing a Google Map for a client and need some basic help...

This is my client's existing website and you'll see that it contains a
small Google Map embedded in an iframe:

http://www.bellamallorca.dk/devindex.asp

Give the Stort Kort link a click and some JQuery runs and opens a pop-
up containing a larger map.

This is the code that executes when the Stort Kort link is clicked:

ie=UTF8&amp;msa=0&amp;msid=108304117273229554382.0004601474e59e1753111&amp;ll=39.649078,2.915154&amp;spn=0.62372,1.047135&amp;output=embed';"

style="cursor:pointer;">Stort kort</a>

Now my map will replace both the small and large map on my client's
website.
My map is still under development but here is a link to the current
version:

http://googlemapsapi.martinpearman.co.uk/user_maps/bellamallorca.dk/20090526/

That's the large map, call the same map with a 'smallmap' parameter
and you get a small version of the same map:

http://googlemapsapi.martinpearman.co.uk/user_maps/bellamallorca.dk/20090526/?smallmap

Each location plotted on either map has a unique index value, and
calling the large map with an index parameter opens the large map with
that location centered on and it's information window opened:

http://googlemapsapi.martinpearman.co.uk/user_maps/bellamallorca.dk/20090526/?index=41

So on to my question.

How can my small map launch the large map in the pop-up window and
specify the index of a location to center on?

An even simpler question - how can the Stort Kort link simply open the
pop-up containing my large map?

I tried taking the source code from my client's existing page and
replacing the iframe src attributes with the URLs to my small and
large map.
The page loads and displays my small map but when i click Stort Kort
the page redirects from my domain (where the under-development map is
hosted) to my clients website:

http://googlemapsapi.martinpearman.co.uk/user_maps/bellamallorca.dk/20090526/devindex.htm

I've looked through the source code but really cannot make much sense
of the JQuery stuff.

Can anyone explain what my client's existing web page is doing and how
i might change it to use my new map?
Once my map is complete it shall be hosted on my clients website btw
and not on my domain.

Thanks a lot for any pointers.

Martin.