I have 4 forms on my HTML Page and 1 text area in each form. This text
area displays some content to user after reading from Database. But
when form gets submitted, the textArea does not get refreshed. This is
the code:
                          $cgi->textarea({-id=>
$res."CommentHistoryId",
                                            -name=>
$res."CommentHistory",
                                            -rows=>"4",
                                            -cols=>"60",
                                            -readonly=>"readonly",
                                            -default=>$commHistory}));

Even Adding following does not help:
my $historyId = $res. "CommentHistoryId";
print $cgi->script({-language=>'javascript'},
'var histArea = document.getElementById(' . "'$historyId'". ');'
'histArea.value =' . "'$commHistory'");

The value of $commHistory is proper. The only issue the text Area does
not get refreshed.
Refreshing the page does not help either.
But when I submit some other form, this area gets refreshed.
Also the running the script from command line shows proper value in
text area. It seems some cahing issue in browser.
Could some Pls help me here. I newbie to web technologies
I have tested it in Firefox and IE. no luck anywhere.