Ah, that makes sense. Thanks, Jörn. I suppose I'd have stumbled across
that solution eventually, but I really wanted to know *why* it wasn't
working, which you've now explained.

I had a look in the plugin docs for block() but couldn't see it
mentioned. Is it an 'undocumented feature', or have I not looked
properly? That's no criticism, btw - I'd like to offer many thanks for
your excellent plugins, which have been very useful indeed in my work.
Much appreciated :)

Cheers

Fred