On 6/1/09 1:16 PM, "waseem sabjee" <waseemsab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i good thing to do is to declare this styles on your default / index page
> /*
> keep your page defaults the same across each browser
> */
> html {
> width:100%;
> height:100%;
> }
> /*
> declare the initial margin and padding of each element to be 0, 0
> */
> * {
> margin:0;
> padding:0;
> }

this principle is sound, though i had trouble with resetting * and now use
the following default reset:

html, body, div, span, object, iframe, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5,
h6, p, blockquote, pre, a, abbr, acronym, address, cite, code,
del, dfn, em, img, ins, kbd, q, samp, strong, sub, sup, tt, var,
dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li, fieldset, form, label, legend, table,
caption, tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td {
    margin:0;
    padding:0;
    outline:0;
    font-size:1em;
    }

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Adam <adambu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> What's everyone's opinion on current best-practice for offering
>> conditional CSS for specific browsers. I just noticed that Jquery used
>> to have a detection function rolled in, which was deprecated. I have
>> been using IE conditional comments to do this for a long while but
>> recently used a WP theme (Justin Tadlock's hybrid) that used http user
>> agent to add classes to the body tag depending on which browser and I
>> sorta liked this approach. Mostly because it actually works in my PC
>> testing enviro. Thoughts? Thanks everyone!

i gave up on browser specific css. i couldn't find a way to do it that
wasn't risky one way or another. when i really need different stylings, i
will use ie conditional html to make the markup different for different
browsers and then use standard css without hacks.

btw: was this a jquery question?