Hey guyz need some help with JQuery. I have a requirement in my
project to provide an autocomplete feature for a textBox like the one
recently applied on google. I need to fetch data on each keystroke so
I am calling a JQuery fuction on keypress. The problem is the
Autocomplete feature gets triggered on mouse click in the textBox and
not on keypress. I will attach the code snippet for a better
understanding of the problem which goes like this
$(document).keypress(
function(){
lastKey = String.fromCharCode(window.event.keyCode);
alert('lastKey :: ' + lastKey);
var txtVal = document.frm.selectedTechParamName.value + lastKey;
alert( 'txtVal :: ' + txtVal);

$( "#suggestTechParamName").autocomplete('/AEA-Authoring/
TechnicianParameterAutocomplete?
userAction=getTechParamsForSvcLvlDataID&txtVal=' + txtVal, {
matchContains: true,
minChars: 0,
cacheLength:0,
maxItemsToShow:10

Now whats going on is when any key is pressed the alerts are working
properly, but the second half of the function i.e.

$("#suggestTechParamName").autocomplete('/AEA-Authoring/
TechnicianParameterAutocomplete?
userAction=getTechParamsForSvcLvlDataID&txtVal=' + txtVal, {
matchContains: true,
minChars: 0,
cacheLength:0,
maxItemsToShow:10
});
gets called when we click on the textBox. Also as you can see the
attribute "cacheLength:0" which I have written is because I do not
want Autocomplete to cache any data, but this also does not seem
working. Any quick response would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance !!!