> I'm attempting to create a mini slide show of rotating image. I'm
> using jquery cycle lite:
>
> http://malsup.com/jquery/cycle/lite/

Well, after a lot more trial and error and experimenting, I've come to
the conclusion that the plugin (or, perhaps more likely, IE) can't
handle background images as part of the fade (they 'pop out' upon each
fade in of the container) nor transparent PNGs (during the fade
in/out, it reverts to 1-bit transparency).

So, for now, the fix will be careful image creation matching the
background and using them as inline images.

Not ideal, but meets our needs.

If anyone has used an image rotator that can allow IE to:

   - do a fade transition
   - handle background images
   - (and bonus: handle the fading of transparent PNGs)

please let me know!

-DA