Hi,

My menu items don't actually open a new page, so I took the href
attribute out of the link. When someone clicks on a menu item, I want
the menu to disappear.

I read all the threads about this (too old to reply to on Google
Groups). I get errors when trying to call hideSuperfishUl()

In Safari:
Syntax error, unrecognized expression: .
at superfish.js, line 104, which is (along with line 105) as follows:
                        var $ul =
$(['li.',o.hoverClass].join(''),this).add(this).not
(not).removeClass(o.hoverClass)

.find('>ul').hide().css('visibility','hidden');

This is superfish 1.4.8 BTW.

In firefox:
[Exception... "'Syntax error, unrecognized expression: .' when calling
method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]"  nsresult: "0x8057001e
(NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)"  location: "<unknown>"  data: no]

Line 0

I played around with just trying to hide() the elements but then they
go away and I can't click on the menu again.

Can anyone help?