I've got a form using the jquery Validation plugin ( jQuery validation
plug-in 1.5.2)

What seems to be happening is that when the form hits a validation
error,  the errorContainer seems to be listing all error messages/
labels, but it only highlights the Actual erring fields.

Say I have a required text input field. I type something in, tab out
of it, then go back in it and delete its contents (as soon as I delete
it) it shows the errorContainer div with ALL error lables showing, but
only highlights the single input field that is now blank.

1.) Why is it throwing the error message when i clear its contents?
I'd prefer it to ignore empty fields, UNTIL the actual submit button
is pressed. it there a way to turn off validation until the submit
button is pressed?

2.) even if I did want it to validate onblur/onchange, or whatever, it
shouldn't be showing ALL error labels within the errorContainer, but
instead only the Actual invalid field error labels (like it is doing
properly when highlighting the fields).

any ideas? thanks.