I've tried several ways, but I can't seem to force the jQuery
Validator to (re)validate the dropdown during the onchange.

Current scenario of a required dropdown:
1) Do not select an option and submit form.
2) Let validator validate the form.
3) Validator will show errors and higlight invalid fields.
4) Use mouse to open the dropdown and select an option.
5) Validator will only (re)validate the dropdown and remove the error/
highlight when you blur the dropdown!

Using keyboard to select options works. The error/highlight get
removed immediately when I select a valid option by up/down keys. So
it apparently listens on the keyup event, but I'd like to do that for
the change event too.

Any suggestions (without hacking the jquery.validate.js) ?