Hi. I the jQuery source code there is a function called onChange that
sends the value of the input box to the backend server and/or checks
the local cache. I've implemented a function that checks for valid
characters via a regex first before send the result to the backend
server for processing. I suppose you could do something similar there
with the string replace function.

John