Andy,

I would think that this is probably possible. We have an application out
for the Mojo SDK, and as of yet have not seen any real documentation on
developing for WebOS.

According to Page 6 of the available chapter of WebOS rough cuts from
oreilly on Palm's site(http://developer.palm.com/webos_book/book6.html),
WebOS supports DOM Level 2 and various HTML5 functions for data access.

I'm not terribly interested in purchasing the rough cuts book, but there
may be more info available elsewhere in it.

-Stephen