How about?

$('.buggybox').next('p').remove();

Maurício
  -----Mensagem Original-----
  De: Bruce MacKay
  Para: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
  Enviada em: sábado, 20 de junho de 2009 08:20
  Assunto: [jQuery] Removing an emptied paragraph from the DOM

  Hello folks,

  I have an application which removes an image from within a paragraph, wraps
that image in a div and places it in front of the paragraph.

  I now want to remove that paragraph.

  Why doesn't the following use of remove() not achieve my objective?  I've
tested the length - it is 0, yet the remove doesn't happen.

  Thanks, Bruce

  var parnt = $(this).parent();            //the parent p tag containing the
image to be processed
  $(this).insertBefore(p).wrap("<div class='buggybox clearfix' id='g" + i

  if (parnt.length=0) {
           parnt.remove();