Hi,
I am just trying to learn a little bit about jQuery. Now I have a
problem with returning a value from a function.

The following code works fine, when I tested it with alert(price) or
any other way of echoing the value directly. But if I try something
like var test = getPrice(324), the variable test would always be
undefined.

function getPrice(id)
       {
         $.get('db.xml', function(d){
         $(d).find('data').each(function(){
                        var $data = $(this);
                         if ($data.find("id").text() == id)
                         {
                                var price = $data.find("preis").text().trim();
                                return price;
 };

I assume that the nested functions are part of the problem, but I
don't know how to solve it.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards
Tom