ok, here's the deal,

Go to http://www.hypertextwebdesign.com/admin
Click the submit button for placeholder login form
Click Galleries in the menu on the left
Click 4th Gallery in the list that appears (should be first item)

You are now in Photo Listing page (lists photos for gallery "4th
Gallery")

On the right side of the photo list, you see a column called "Gallery
Image"
This is displaying a green box for one of the photos, and a red box
for the other
The green box is just an image, the red box is an image inside a link

What I want to happen:
When red box is clicked, I want it to turn to green image, and all
others to be red image with link.
The link includes an id number for that photo (id number can be found
in table row id( tr id="photo_2", 2 is photo id, and link is "http://
www.hypertextwebdesign.com/admin/galleries/p_makemain/
2.php")

The code that I currently have is able to turn all the rows to red
blocks with correct links, but for some reason will not turn the
currently selected row to a green box.

You can view the source of the page to get the HTML markup (since
posting it here seems to be too much garbage), and you can view my
current js markup at http://www.hypertextwebdesign.com/admin/js/main.js
(The code for this part is about halfway down the page and starts with
$(".main_image").live('click',function(){

Please help. My code may not be very efficient, and I apologize if it
isn't.

Thanks