If the moveTo function is now missing from the jQuery slider UI, is there a
way to use the value options to set sliders?

I need to have several sliders set to saved positions when viewers revisit
my webpage. If they do not move a slider, I must be able to grab its
original value. I have been able use the "setter," for example:

$('.selector').slider('option', 'value', 37);

to move the slider into position. However if the slider is not further
moved, it gives a null return erasing the original value. Is there a way to
use a "getter" option to retain the slider's original value if it is not
moved?

Thank you

Stan