i have done no customization. Its the builtin  behavior of  superfish
menu that you must add a submenu item at least, in order for sub menu
to be displayed. I dont want to add a submenu item but i still  want
to display the submenu undernearth the main tabs or main menu.

Just look at the horizontal  menu example on the site and you willl
understand what i am talking about.