you have a strange loading pattern going on in page

you load jquery in head, some YUI right after body starts, but then load a bunch of scripts and css in middle of body. Here you load jquery.js again and superfish

I clicked one link in firefox and the content filled with top left corner of another page that is same template as main page and has another menu coming into page

multiple versions of same script can cause issues. For starters I would consider consolidating your scripts into one place,comment out content loading script and test menu that way for starters. Spreading scripts all over the page makes it harder to look over the inventory of them

If you aren't comfortable with the loading script you're using, could use a test case  just loading one file with a simplified .load() call, make sure it's working, then add the hash stuff

As for loading the whole page ( I could see top left 25%), with a whole menu on it, you can also specify only loading portions of  a page

$("#content").load("test.html #otherPageContent");
//this will laod only the div #otherPageContent from test.html

Sometimes you just have to start commenting out scripts and make sure the ones you are loading are working. Then bring others in one at a time to see effects

Caleb wrote:
You can try it at http://enertech.squarespace.com/instruments/

Thanks for looking.