I am creating an admin in ColdFusion and am trying to add a feature
where when the user clicks the "edit" button for something, a modal
window will pop up which contains a form (loaded from an external
file) that when the user submits it, it's an AJAX submit and then the
modal window closes and fires off a function that updates the display
page. I am using SimpleModal

http://www.ericmmartin.com/simplemodal/

and I managed to load an external form file into the modal window
using $.get but then I can't figure out how to get that form that
loads in the modal window to submit via AJAX instead of the default
form post that happens. I need to submit their data via AJAX and then
if successful, close the window and do the update function on the
display. Has anyone already done this?